Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-28-2023 07:55 AM
I have a brand new machine, when receiving a fax, it rings shows who is sending the fax and then nothing happens. I ran a fax log and it shows all of the faxes I am not receiving, (2 pages worth) and on the result it shows No Fax. How do I get it to receive a fax. what is wrong in the set up?? Can anyone please help me. thank you Heidi
01-28-2023 08:52 AM
Kindly check for Fax reception settings as listed below.
Fax settings are in the Fax or Setup menus on the printer control panel.
- Turn Auto Answer on: If this feature is not enabled, you must manually answer incoming fax calls.
- Set the number of rings to answer incoming faxes: If you have an answering machine, allow it to answer all calls first so the printer can detect the fax tones after the machine answers the call. Change the Rings to Answer setting to a higher number of rings than the answering machine is set for.
- Adjust the answering machine message length and clarity: To ensure the printer can detect fax tones, shorten the answering machine greeting message to 10 seconds or less, make sure there is no background noise, and leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.
- Set the ring type: Use the All Rings setting for a dedicated fax line or select Distinctive Ring if you set up a special ring pattern for the fax line.
- Enable error reporting: The Fax Error Reports feature prints a report if an error occurs. If the error includes a numeric error code, go to HP Customer Support, and then search for the error code.
Click HERE to access more info on how to resolve faxing issues.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community