Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600

I have an Office Jet Pro 8600 and need to know if there is a way to fix the screen that has faded. You can't see options such as print, scan, fax, tools.....  It's only that I know where they are and which is which for the most part. 

Also, scanning is not coming out clear.  Everything is faded.  however, it still prints and faxes come through fine.  I am hoping I don't have to purchase a new All In One Printer.  I've finally figured out most glitches and tricks when I have an issue with this one.  Is it possible that there is a bulb that needs to be changed or something?  I appreciate your help & feed back as soon as possible.  I use this in a busy office on a daily basis.  

Regards,

Meredith

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @mere4340,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I see that you are having some issues with copying and seeing the display on your Officejet 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, while the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.

If after following the above you are still unable to see the display or copy clearly, the printer needs to be replaced as it has no replaceable bulbs in the scanner or the display. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options are available.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey @mere4340,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

I see that you are having some issues with copying and seeing the display on your Officejet 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, while the printer is powered on, remove the power cable from the back of the printer for one minute.

If after following the above you are still unable to see the display or copy clearly, the printer needs to be replaced as it has no replaceable bulbs in the scanner or the display. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to see what options are available.

Please let me know if this resolves your issues. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks for your help. I had a feeling that was the case.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.