Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I cannot use my old HP PHOTOSMART B129a-m like a scanner with my new pc allinone Acer, neither if i use HP SMART. It looks like works as a printer but not as a scanner

donato65_0-1704623960351.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@donato65 

Welcome to the HP Community --

@donato65 wrote:

I cannot use my old HP PHOTOSMART B129a-m like a scanner with my new pc allinone Acer, neither if i use HP SMART. It looks like works as a printer but not as a scanner

I don't find a Photosmart B129* model, not even in the Retired Printers list.

Found:  HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer series - B109  

Unfortunately, the printers in this older Photosmart category no longer list the full driver software.

True, too, HP Smart (application) is not supported on printers of this vintage (older printer).

----  ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----   ----

Built-in Driver

Old driver is Gone

We see occasional questions about printers for which full driver software installation packages are no longer listed for current (or older) versions of Windows.

The full driver printer software for this printer is no longer listed as available from HP.

When available for the printer and a supported version of Windows, install the Windows Built-in print drivers.

When installed, the Windows print driver provides basic print function.

Reference and Download

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Scan? See Section FAQ > How do I use the printer functions with the built-in driver?

Scan your documents and photos:

Complete your scan jobs with a Windows app that works with the built-in driver.

Examples

Windows Fax and Scan: In Windows, search for and open Windows Fax and Scan. Click New Scan, and then select your printer.

Windows Paint: In Windows, search for and open Paint. Click FileFrom scanner or camera.

Windows Scan app: In Windows, search for and open the Windows Scan app. If it is not listed, go to Windows  Scan (in English) to install it.

Troubleshooting for installing the Built-in Print Driver

HP printers - Windows built-in driver fails to install

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open

HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer series - B109  

OR

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@donato65 

Welcome to the HP Community --

@donato65 wrote:

I don't find a Photosmart B129* model, not even in the Retired Printers list.

Found:  HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer series - B109  

Unfortunately, the printers in this older Photosmart category no longer list the full driver software.

True, too, HP Smart (application) is not supported on printers of this vintage (older printer).

Built-in Driver

Old driver is Gone

We see occasional questions about printers for which full driver software installation packages are no longer listed for current (or older) versions of Windows.

The full driver printer software for this printer is no longer listed as available from HP.

When available for the printer and a supported version of Windows, install the Windows Built-in print drivers.

When installed, the Windows print driver provides basic print function.

Reference and Download

HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver

Scan? See Section FAQ > How do I use the printer functions with the built-in driver?

Scan your documents and photos:

Complete your scan jobs with a Windows app that works with the built-in driver.

Examples

Windows Fax and Scan: In Windows, search for and open Windows Fax and Scan. Click New Scan, and then select your printer.

Windows Paint: In Windows, search for and open Paint. Click FileFrom scanner or camera.

Windows Scan app: In Windows, search for and open the Windows Scan app. If it is not listed, go to Windows  Scan (in English) to install it.

Troubleshooting for installing the Built-in Print Driver

HP printers - Windows built-in driver fails to install

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open

HP Photosmart All-in-One Printer series - B109  

OR

Product Home - Printers

Enter the device type and model name of your HP product

OR

Select a saved product from HP Account Dashboard

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

tks so much, u r right, it's a b109, I'm sorry for that mistake, I beg your pardon, Tks again. 

HP Recommended

@donato65 

Common - one little number or letter, and Poof - different device!

Smiling.

You are welcome.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.