Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro 400MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Using the HP scan app. It scans fine but when i click Send i get the message "HP Scan application is unable to open your email application......."  but only of Outlook is open. If Outlook is closed it will pop open a new email with the scan attached like it's supposed to.  I like to leave my email open all the time. 

I already tried repairing Office. Any other solution?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Ayleeuss 

Hello,

Please follow the instructions in the HP document, in order to Set up Scan to email.
https://youtu.be/S24lJxV8QVE

HP Support video: How To Set Up Scan To Email Using HP Software Wizard in Windows for The HP LaserJet Pro MFP M329, M4... 

You can also consult the HP documents below.

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

Learn how to scan to email on HP LaserJet Pro MFP M329, M428, M429, and Color MFP M479 printers. More support options for your HP device are available at http://hp.com/support. Follow these steps to scan a document from the printer control panel, and then send it as an attachment to an email ...
HP Recommended

Did you even read my post?  

I can scan just fine. It;s when i click "send" that the issue occurs. Works fine when Outlook is closed. Doesn't work when Outlook is open.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. Replaced an older MFC with a new M428.  Want to scan using HP SCAN wich offers the possibility to SCAN PDF TO EMAIL. It is supposed to scan and when you click the SEND button , it should open a new message in the default mailapplication (Outlook from Office 365) and attach the scan. 

I was used to working like this and do not want scan from the LCD to my own mail address nor do I want to save the file first to send it as an attachment. 

HP needs to solve this problem !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.