Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-24-2022 09:34 AM
Have older HP 4620 all-in-one. My wifi provider's router will no longer support this older printer. Having much ink remaining, I simply connected via cable. When I try to print, I get msg "waiting for printer to become available". I can re-start my Mac and it prints that doc only. On subsequent attempts to print, I get same msg as above. What to do???????
11-27-2022 08:25 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are getting an error message waiting for the printer to become available while using your HP Officejet 4620 e-All-in-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Were there any updates done on the PC?
- Have you tried performing any troubleshooting for this issue on your own?
- Are you suing standard HP USB cable to connect the printer to your PC?
While you respond to that, please go ahead and uninstall the HP Smart app from your MAC PC.
Steps to uninstall HP Smart and reinstall:
- Click Finder, and then click Applications. In the list of apps, click and drag the HP Smart app to the Trash at the end of the dock.
- Go ahead and Update the software on Mac
- Restart PC
- Once the PC is turned back and idle, download HP Smart
- Once installed, check if you are able to access the app.
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community