Are you trying to use the scan to email feature? If yes, follow the steps below-
Option 1: Use the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.
1. Open the HP software/printer icon on the desktop screen.
2. Under the Scan or Scanner Actions heading, click Scan to Email Wizard.
3. When the outgoing email profile window displays, click your email address associated with this profile.
4. You will also find an option to delete a previously configured Email address
5. Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.
6. Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.
7. Enter the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.
8. If you typically have to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields.
9. Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.
Option 2: Open the embedded web server
1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by touching (Wireless) or (Ethernet) or by printing a network configuration page. Note: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address.
2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the printer. For example, if the IP address is 18.104.22.168 Note: If you get a security message as "your connection is not private", click on Advanced and proceed to this website.
On the printer settings page, go to Scan > scan to email > Select your email address > Edit > Authenticate > Email login authentication > Input new password > Next > Save and Test
Let me know how this goes.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".