Did you mean: 
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

scan pdf with a password on Officejet pro 8725

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello ALL

i want to scan documents and then email with a password to encrypt and still open in my files without password if possible

4 REPLIES 4
Level 12
Level 12
5,018 5,002 581 812
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Password for pdf can be set in Adobe DC, or you can use online password services ( not recommended for top-secret files) printer doesn't have an option for that.

My profile on LinkedIn

Level 17
Level 17
30,439 30,157 5,209 12,067
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in @Valsimot.

Assuming you have the HP full Feature Software installed, such an option can be set with the HP Scan software.

Select the Save as PDF shortcut and then click on More > and then select the Destination tab, from there click on the PDF option within the File Type drop-down menu.

Click the Security Settings button and there you may configure to set a password for the PDF file:

ShlomiL_0-1609959686894.png

If you cannot find the HP Scan software or the HP Officejet Pro 8720 software on your PC, follow HP Easy Start by selecting the Full Feature Software and Drivers option and complete the installation:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL96741/HPEasyStart_12_2_5163_01.exe

Regards,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thank you for your help - i downloaded full software 

but i could not see  security settings  button in drop down listed

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
30,439 30,157 5,209 12,067
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Could you please include a screenshot of the screen?

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation