Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-07-2023 07:19 PM
Hi, I have an HP DeskJet 2722. I have had this for a couple of years without a problem I have been able to scan without a problem as well. All of the sudden it says non compatible? It says to install HP Smart. Well that came installed with my computer 2 years ago. I have done the diagnostics tests and the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It showed an X with the devise status. It doesnt let me click on it though to figure out anything., and of course my warranty ran out 5 days ago 😞 Is someone able to help me please??
03-11-2023 02:39 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that your HP DeskJet 2722 all in one Printer is not detected by HP Smart app.
Please follow the steps listed below to uninstall and reinstall HP Smart App:
Step 1: Uninstall HP Smart App.
1. Navigate to and open Settings
2. Select Apps or Application Manager from the device Settings
3. Select HP Smart
4. Select Uninstall
Step 2: Reinstall HP Smart App.
1. Download the HP Smart app from 123.hp.com (Android, Apple iOS, iPad OS),
or HP Smart - Microsoft Store (Windows),
or HP Smart - Mac App Store (Mac).
2. Open the HP Smart app.
3. The app searches for recently installed printers.
- If your printer displays, click it. If you are setting up a new printer, it might display with Set-Up under the name.
- If your printer does not display, click the Plus sign, and then follow the on-screen prompts to add your printer or set up a new printer.
You may also refer to this HP document: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1716406-1413451-16
Let me know if this helps and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community