Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to scan with my new HP Envy 4520, which prints just fine.  When I press Scan on the printer LCD, the top of the page says "Select a Computer".  Below that, it says "Scan to LAPTOP-NDOTRF2C", below that it says "Scan for Print to LAPTOP-NDOTRF2C", below that it says "Scan for E-mail to  LAPTOP-NDOTRF2C", below that it says "Scan for Fax to  LAPTOP-NDOTRF2C", below that it says Scan for OCR to  LAPTOP-NDOTRF2C", below that it repeats the above.  If I choose one of those, and press OK, it says "Connecting", then says "X Scan Unsuccessful", The scan could not be completed, make sure the scanning software has been installed & configured, etc.

The HP Scan and Capture is installed.  If I run it, it says "Document HPF63680 (HP Envy 4520 Series", and below that, it says "Device is busy.  Try again later.".  meanwhile, the printer just sits there on the home screen.

Thanks for any help you can give me !!

Charlie

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

In order to Scan to Computer, the FULL feature software must be installed.  (HP Scan and Capture does not support Scan to COmputer)

The following resource will help you install teh FULL feature software:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)

Scan to Computer
Scan to Computer (New UI)
How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

For more scanning tips using the FULL feature software, click here.

Hope that helps.

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same problem, but I have done that and scan to computer is enabled

HP Recommended

Printer nisn working ,I have a new computer and cannot get the scanner to work

HP Recommended

I can't get mu Envy 4520 to scan.  it has several different  names to scan to but it will not scan with any of them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.