Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
envy 4528
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how do I use  the scan options in the envy 4528?

Just a document of 40kb is after scanning 1.00Mb

What do I choose? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @hanspav,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know how to use the scan option for your HP ENVY 4528 All-in-One Printer.

I suggest that you save the scanned document in pdf format to reduce the scanned image size.

Save a scanned document or photo as a PDF file using HP Scan software. To create PDF scan files you must have Adobe Reader software installed on the computer. Go to Get Adobe Reader to install the software.

1. In HP Scan, select the Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut to set up and scan the item, including photos.

2. Click Save. The Save as window opens.

3. Confirm that PDF is selected in the Save as type menu, and then click Save.

4. To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved the scan, and then double-click the file.

You may also check the steps in the link: How to Scan from the Computer (Windows)

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @hanspav,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you wanted to know how to use the scan option for your HP ENVY 4528 All-in-One Printer.

I suggest that you save the scanned document in pdf format to reduce the scanned image size.

Save a scanned document or photo as a PDF file using HP Scan software. To create PDF scan files you must have Adobe Reader software installed on the computer. Go to Get Adobe Reader to install the software.

1. In HP Scan, select the Save as PDF or Document to File shortcut to set up and scan the item, including photos.

2. Click Save. The Save as window opens.

3. Confirm that PDF is selected in the Save as type menu, and then click Save.

4. To view your scan, open the folder in which you saved the scan, and then double-click the file.

You may also check the steps in the link: How to Scan from the Computer (Windows)

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Can scan to email .. but no attachment (paperclip) suddenly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.