Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

where can I get windows 11 drivers for the HP5590 scanner?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@drrbob 

Hello and thanks for your return,

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Congratulations!:SocialCare:

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accepted as solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@drrbob 

Hello,

Please use the HP Scanjet 5590 Digital Flatbed Scanner series Full Software and Drivers to install your scanner.
Right-click on setup_full_5590_20_0_0_002.exe, then on Run as administrator, and then click Yes. Follow the instructions to install your scanner.

You want to make a shortcut on the Windows desktop of the HP Scan application, do the following:

1. Please go to the following path:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin
  2. Right click on hpiscnapp.exe, then Sow more options, and then on Create shortcut.

You may be able to scan using HP Scan Extended!

It will be installed under Start > All Programs > HP:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

HP Scan and Capture: You can download and Install HP Scan and Capture app from Microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/hp-scan-and-capture/9wzdncrfhwl0?rtc=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab
For more information on how to use this app, refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks - that did it - BUT  i had a hard time finding the "full"  - first 6 links i found took me to "basic" drivers

HP Recommended

@drrbob 

Hello and thanks for your return,

I welcome you to the English HP community support.

Congratulations!:SocialCare:

If my previous answer was favorable to you, thank you to close the subject by clicking on 'Accepted as solution' at the bottom of the previous message.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case of need.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.