Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Trying to make a 2-sided copy  from a 2-sided original using the automatic feeder. The control panel only offers choices of 1 to 1 and 1 to 2.  Neither choice provides a 2-sided copy. How do you get a 2 to 2 copy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @drsOH,

I would like to assist you today with 2-sided copying on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer. Now, because your machine actually doesn't have a duplex assembly in the Automatic Document Feeder, what you need to do is the following:

1. Load page 1 on the flatbed glass on your printer
  2. Select the Copy menu
  3. Select the 1:2 sided option
  4. Choose Black or Colour copy
  5. The first page will copy and you will receive the prompt on the display of your printer to load page 2
  6. Lift the flatbed cover and ensure that page 2 is face down on the flatbed glass
  7. Select OK on the screen of your printer
  8. The copied page will automatically feed back into the printer and the second page will be duplex copied.

If you would like to automatically duplex (2-sided) copy documents using the Automatic Document Feeder than you will need a printer that has a duplex Automatic Document Feeder.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello @drsOH,

I would like to assist you today with 2-sided copying on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer. Now, because your machine actually doesn't have a duplex assembly in the Automatic Document Feeder, what you need to do is the following:

1. Load page 1 on the flatbed glass on your printer
  2. Select the Copy menu
  3. Select the 1:2 sided option
  4. Choose Black or Colour copy
  5. The first page will copy and you will receive the prompt on the display of your printer to load page 2
  6. Lift the flatbed cover and ensure that page 2 is face down on the flatbed glass
  7. Select OK on the screen of your printer
  8. The copied page will automatically feed back into the printer and the second page will be duplex copied.

If you would like to automatically duplex (2-sided) copy documents using the Automatic Document Feeder than you will need a printer that has a duplex Automatic Document Feeder.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums! Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My HP Officejet Pro 6830 (All in One) just recently began making 2 sided copies of all print jobs I send from my computer.  I can't figure out how to set it to make one sided copies.  My user's manual has nothing in it it about copying.  Please help!

HP Recommended

Hey @blonde-one,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer is printing all print jobs as double-sided documents. I'd like to assist you today with resolving this issue. We'll need to adjust a setting on the computer to reconfigure your printer for single-sided print jobs. 

• In order for me to accurately guide you to the setting that needs to be adjusted, I do need to know what operating system your computer is running? If you're not sure, please see here for help: What's my OS?

Once I know what your operating system is I'll be happy to guide you to a solution. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi.

I have a officejet Pro 6830 & have followed the advice but I get a message saying 'The seected paper or try cannot be used for copyig on both sides of a page. job cancelled.

The printer is set for A4

Help?

Thanks Danfoss

HP Recommended

I needed to know how I can make 2-sided copy on 6830 and I got the needed direction. I am satisfied for now. I hope to get in touch with you again.

FM5

HP Recommended

I have a MAC...OS-X Yosimite

How can I make 2 sided copies when I am printing from Word (2008 for Mac)?

If printing somethng from the internet a totally different print box comes up where I can set the print for 2-sided. Not so when I am using Word. Very annoying. 

Thanks for your assistance.

HP Recommended

Thank you thank you!  You saved me a $25 fee at the print shop and empowered this ole gal knowing she could learn new tricks!

HP Recommended

My 6835 will not 2 side print. The era message comes up as The selected papper or tray cannot be used for copying on both sides of the page. Job Cancelled.

Can you help?

Joel [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hello@Dangerousjoel

Welcome to the HP Forums.I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.I would like to assist you today with 2-sided copying on your HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer.

Here's a related post that seems to have helped others:http://hp.care/2jlkIIN

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Cheers, have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.