Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hello,  i just tried this listed sollution with my HP Photosmart 6525 and I continue to get the "403" error.  

When I check wireless settings the printer tells me it is connected to the internet, but these errors occur as it is asked to scan and email a page.

I should say that the step to set the "Manual Preferred DNS Server" and the "Manual Alternate DNS Server" failed when I hit "Apply" .  The screen required that I also enter manual IP Address and subnet mask, and default gateway, which I then entered as  192.168.1.10 (Which was the current ip address the printer was using) along with 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.1.1 as subnet and gateway.  This time "apply" was accepted by the application.  I then printed out the network configuration page from the printer and it showed a 802.11 Wireless status as "Connected" and confirmed the IP and DNS settings that I entered into the online network application.

The wireless network used 64-bit WEP encryption and shows signal quality of 5/5 and channel of "11".

Thanks.

HP Recommended

How to correct error 403?

HP Recommended

I followed the 7 steps provided and received the same result as before. Help!

HP Recommended
Hello, Resetting the DNS numbers did not work, and I tried TwoPointOh's advice, but I don't even see a "Web Services" app on the front panel. Any other advice?
HP Recommended

Hello, Resetting the DNS numbers did not work, and I tried TwoPointOh's advice, but I don't even see a "Web Services" app on the front panel. Any other advice?

HP Recommended

Hello, I also get a message that tells me my printer HP envoy 5530 cannot connect to the internet when I try to scan to email yet it is connected wirelessly when I check. I cant find the printer IP address to try this solution.  I select the icon and can find an email address which makes no sense to me. Please help.

HP Recommended

Hello.

I have tried the fix for the error code 403 with no joy as it still stupidly tells me that error code 403 means you cannot scan to email for the Photosmart 6520.

I have tried the whole 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 with no joy.

I am at my wits end.

Please respond.

thanks.

Mike Lambert

HP Recommended
Restart the computer...
HP Recommended

Hi I tried all this but still no joy 😞 Any further suggestions anyone??

Many thanks

Nigel

HP Recommended
I have Photosmart 6520, this fix did not work for me. I did unplug & restart.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.