Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following the scan doctor suggestions fails to fix pblm.

After restart, occasionally I can scan a couple items to computer, then it goes to the error condition again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Loperman, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have scanning, copying and faxing issues with your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Is the scanner bulb glowing on your printer?

Please share the scan error with your printer to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have scanning, copying and faxing issues with your printer.

If you see the scanner blub glowing on your printer. 

Try the steps recommended below.

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate, which might fix the problem.
Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.
Load the original document or photo, then try to scan.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot scanning issues with your printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Loperman, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have scanning, copying and faxing issues with your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Is the scanner bulb glowing on your printer?

Please share the scan error with your printer to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have scanning, copying and faxing issues with your printer.

If you see the scanner blub glowing on your printer. 

Try the steps recommended below.

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate, which might fix the problem.
Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
Wait at least 60 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.
   NOTE:
HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.
Load the original document or photo, then try to scan.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot scanning issues with your printer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps it is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Tried all but three of your suggestions, don't know which did the trick but it is now scanning and printing and the error msg has not come up recently. Hope the stays that way, thanx!

HP Recommended

Hi! @Loperman, You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.