Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OFFICEJET 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

with  7612  i would  scan once   then i  could  save to  each file  format... very useful!

I now  have  the  hp 7740  wonderful printer scanner  BUT   I HAVE  TO SCAN  AND RESCAN EACH  TIME  TO  SCAN AND SAVE A DOCUMENT  IN EACH  FILE  FORMAT  IE....  PDF   JPEG.....TEXT...ETC  ETC...THIS  TAKE O  SOME THINGS  4  TIMES  LONGER AS WE HVE TO SCAN AND SAVE  SCAN AND AVE AND SCAN AND SAVE   4  TIMES ON THE SAME DARN DOCUMENT.   help I WANT IT  THE WAY  THE SOFTWARE WORKED  FOR THE 7612 OFFICE ET...... SCAN ONES THEN  SAVE   SAVE SAVE SAVE  EACH FORMAT WITHOUT  RE SCANNING.   

_____   I ASKED  ABOUT THIS  A YEAR AGO AND GOT  NO ANSWER  

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@couryhouse, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Let me get this straight, are you trying to scan multiple pages together and save them in different formats?

Or, are you trying to scan them into one file and one format?

Meanwhile, refer to the document HP Printers - How to Scan (Windows) to learn about alternate scanning methods.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

with  the  7612  i  would scan   once  wither  1 page  or  more

ten i could  without  rescanning  save  to all the  various  files  formats  pdf  jpeg  word  etc etc  it  as  nice

now i have newer printer scanner  the  7740  love it but hate  software that  came  with it...  each  time  you  want  to  save  to a different  file  format  you must  re-scan  every then  then save as  pdf       

then re-scan everything and save  as  word

etc etc   this    is  horrible  for our  work flow at  museum here.  thanks  ed sharpe archivist  for smecc

HP Recommended

ten i could  without  rescanning  save  to all the  various  files  formats  pdf  jpeg  word  etc etc  it  as  nice

now i have newer printer scanner  the  7740  love it but hate  software that  came  with it...  each  time  you  want  to  save  to a different  file  format  you must  re-scan  every then  then save as  pdf       

etc etc   this    is  horrible  for our  work flow at  museum here.  thanks  ed sharpe archivist  for smecc

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

thought  i  had  replied  again  to  this///with  the  7612  i  would scan   once  wither  1 page  or  more

ten i could  without  re-scanning  save  to all the  various  files  formats  pdf  jpeg  word  etc etc  it  as  nice

HP Recommended

@couryhouse

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

Brief us the situation stepwise, like what happens when you hit scan and then hit save.

Have you tried using the HP Smart App? Refer to the document HP Printers - Install and Use the HP Smart App for help.

Keep me posted.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.