Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can not tell you the frustration I feel with HP.  My unit was working fine, until I get this message.

A required software component was not found or was improperly installed.  Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning again. Error:  8,[(8,0,0)]

I reinstalled the application four times, no change in result.  The unit is about 18 months old, out of warranty.  If the application is this fragile, it is time to move on. 

Anyone have a solution in the mean time?

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

This error if one more scan related files are not installed properly. To resolve the issue follow below procedure:

Note: First close HP Solution center

1) Insert the printer Cd into CD-ROM . If you have downloaded the software and installed, then perform Step 2b

2a) Open "Computer" ==> Right click on Cd-ROM drive and select "Explore". This will open the CD contents

2b) Click on Start (Windows icon on computer screen) and in the "Search" box type %temp% and press "Enter" key on the keyboard. This will open TEMP folder

3) Open "Setup" folder

4) Open "Scan" folder. Right click on "scan" file (windows installer package) and click on "Repair". If any error appears,  again right click on the file and select "Install" 

5) Go back to Setup folder and open "bpd_scan" folder. Right click on "bpd_scan" file (windows installer package) and click on "Repair". If any error appears,  again right click on the file and select "Install" 

6) Go back to Setup folder and open "destinations" folder. Repeat the above process

One or more folders may not be present. Do not worry.

7) Restart the computer and check if it works or not

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Solved!   Thanks, your solution resolved 'Error 8, [(5, 0, 0)] thrown on Vista-32 upgrade of Solution Center 11 to 14 

HP Recommended

Hello,

I been trying to solve this issue for over a week, there are too many suggestions none of them worked for me, most of them are very similar, as soon as I read your suggestions I knew that my problem might be solved, I tried it, now I am step ahead the scan options window opens & I can see several options such as Scan Document, Scan Picture, create a shortcut, but when I click the scan I get the same error again. PLEASE Note that when I followed your steps & at the step 5) Go back to Setup folder and open "bpd_scan" folder. Right click on "bpd_scan.msi" file (windows installer package) and click on "Repair" & when I clicked Repair I got a new Window bpd_scan error message which it says: Module C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqebpd2.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473. Contact your support personnel. I Clicked OK & continued The Followed steps & restarted the computer & now when I run the program & as I mentioned above it is going one step further & then giving me the same old error.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks...

HP Recommended

I do remember the bpd_scan.msi throwing errors, I believe I then ran the Install option for this module and was successful.

Your mileage will vary:  I have a 2nd system with an almost identical configuration which I've just gone through the Solution Center upgrade where this solution did not work first time.   I ran a level 3 uninstall on the product, re-installed and then ran this solution once more, and was successful. 

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hello & thanks for replying,

I just want to double check before I go any further step, one of my previous trying was using "OJJ4600_Scrubber_13.exe" & it has 4 uninstall levels, if you are advising me to try the level 3 uninstall, & if my understanding is right, just want to make sure, the instructions with the scrubber for level 3 uninstall saying "Level 3: (Performs Levels 1 and 2) Removes the HP Photo and Imaging software. You must completely reinstall the all-in-one software after running level 3." now do I have to do all 1, 2 & 3 or only Level 3.

Many Thanks...

HP Recommended

The Uninstall_L3 batch file that I ran is in the  util\ccc directory of my Solution Center 14 installation set.    I ran the Level 3 uninstall only  (which I recall also performs a Level 1 and 2), then the entire product re-install, then ran the Scan solution outlined in this thread.   

HP Recommended
Hi CedarsKnight,

@CedarsKnight wrote:

step 5) Go back to Setup folder and open "bpd_scan" folder. Right click on "bpd_scan.msi" file (windows installer package) and click on "Repair" & when I clicked Repair I got a new Window bpd_scan error message which it says: Module C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqebpd2.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220473. Contact your support personnel.

If you haven't uninstalled the software or still receiving the same error regarding dll file, then try below steps:

1) Click on Windows icon at bottom left of the computer screen

2) In the Search box type cmd. In the Search Results, "Command Prompt" will be displayed.

3) Right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as Administrator". You may be prompted to enter username and password which is your user account details.

4) Now type the following command and press Enter key:

regsvr32 hpqebpd2.dll

note: There is space between the two words.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks again, I tried the installation, the repair & the uninstall level 3 all of them didn't work out, then I found new reply from other member “Praveen David”, his suggestions worked fine for my issue, THANKS & MELION THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU...

HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to thank you allot, I have been trying to solve this issue for over a week & finally after following other member "john-at-eb" suggestion I was 1 step ahead but also my issue wasn't solved, but after I followed you step the issue was solved. THANKS & MELION THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.