Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I used HP smart to scan doc with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 in wifi connected.

No problem until last week.

Suddenly, I always get an error message saying "A problem with the scanner has been detected".

I have tried uninstalling both the printer and the HP smart program with no results.

I downloaded and started the "doctor" diagnostic program, but no problems were found.
I finally tried HP's other scan program "HP scan", and the scan works.
But I do not like this program which does not allow to choose front / back in the parameters.
I discovered similar posts on the forum, but no solution.
Can you help me ? Has the HP smart program, which worked well before, been updated?
With thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Sophie67

Welcome to the HP support community.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP smart app again to fix this issue

Uninstall the app from your Windows 10 device through the All Apps list.

1. In Windows, search for and open Apps & features.

Searching for Apps & features

2. Click HP Smart in the list of apps, and then click Uninstall.

Uninstalling HP Smart app

Install HP smart app and add the printer again:

1. On your Windows 10 device, go to HP Smart (in English) to get the app from the Windows Store, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app.

2. On your computer, open the HP Smart app, and then click the Plus sign .

3. Follow the on-screen prompts to add your printer or set up a new printer.

Refer to this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue but on a ENVY 6030, the proposed solution did not work for me tried 2 laptops, i thinks it is not a mechanical issue because i can scan from my phone app.

A have also ran HP doctor tool.

What can i do more?

Thanks

HP Recommended

I think there is a bug in the latest update of HP Smart. On a Mac, it may be possible to scan using the MacOS program Image Capture. If that does not work, I think that we have to wait for the next update of HP Smart.

I have two iMacs connected to the same printer. With HP Smart updated scanning does not work, but with a computer without the update of HP Smart scanning does work. And when scanning with HP Smart does not work, I can scan using Image Capture.

I have tried reinstalling the new version of HP Smart, but this did not help.

HP Recommended

@LGFR wrote:

I think there is a bug in the latest update of HP Smart. On a Mac, it may be possible to scan using the MacOS program Image Capture. If that does not work, I think that we have to wait for the next update of HP Smart.

I have two iMacs connected to the same printer. With HP Smart updated scanning does not work, but with a computer without the update of HP Smart scanning does work. And when scanning with HP Smart does not work, I can scan using Image Capture.

I have tried reinstalling the new version of HP Smart, but this did not help.

Thank you, any other software that can be used? 

HP Recommended

I purchassed westerday a HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 and the scanner does not work with the HP Smart app. I get the message "A scanner problem has been detected" in French. The hardware seems to work fine because I was able to scan with the Windows Scan app. However I can't scan and make a PDF with the Windows scan app. (jpg Tiff and png). I suspect a bug in the HP Smart app latest version. I'm looking forward for a fix ASAP. The Windows 10 operating system has the latest update.

Looking forward for a solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.