Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620 e-AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I have a friend with an out-of-warranty Officejet Pro 8620. When feeding pages through the ADF for scanning or copying, the output shows a single vertical line down the left side of the page (scanning from the glass is fine). I followed all the instructions in the FAQ about resetting the printer and cleaning the rollers/seperator pad, but nothing worked. 

Before bringing/sending it in for servicing, I'm trying to find out if there's ANYTHING else I can check or do to possibly fix this myself? Is there another internal component that I can order and replace myself first? I'm just trying to avoid having to bring it somewhere and possibly spend more than it's worth.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance. :generic:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Have you cleaned ADF smaller glass (number 3) ?

ADF line issue.gif

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have you cleaned ADF smaller glass (number 3) ?

ADF line issue.gif

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I have not. It didn't occur to me to check that since it's only ADF documents with the symptom. I will check that and get back to you. It might take a few days since it's not my printer, but I will definitely respond. Thank you.

HP Recommended

That did it! I feel a little silly not having checked that originaly, but it wasn't on the list of steps of the FAQ I was reading. And since it was only ADF, I didn't think to open the glass lid.

Thank you once again for your assistance. I greatly appreciate it. :generic:

HP Recommended

yes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.