Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640
macOS 10.14 Mojave
HP Recommended Solution: HP Easy Scan is not currently supported in macOS Catalina. Click here

Today I've upgraded my new Mac (27 inch) with Catalina. Since then HP scan (wireless) stops scanning on the second paper. HP scan just stops and keep saying "preparing scan".
I'm stuck.

59 REPLIES 59
HP Recommended

Some extra info from the Printer software error code:

"Een noodzakelijk softwareonderdeel ontbreekt of is beschadigd. Installeer de software opnieuw voor uw apparaat en/of controleer of er problemen zijn met uw vaste schijf."
Translation: "A necessary software component is missing or damaged. Reinstall the software for your device and / or check if there are problems with your hard drive."

So I did reinstall the Scan software, first removed the scan App, empty the bin. Then reinstall but the same result, Scan Software keeps saying... "preparing the scan" after the first page is scanned by the printer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Scan is not compatible with Catalina, HP Easy Scan should likely get updated soon.

Please install and use HP Smart, for now.

Click the plus sign and follow the steps to configure your printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPSmart3.6.pkg

Check your product support page in the future for updated drivers to become available:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-7640-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6617267/mo...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Temporary solution on MAC is to use Image Capture App.  That work's OK with my Officejet 6950.  However, update urgently awaited

HP Recommended

I tried using image capture, but couldn't see how to save the whole page

HP Recommended

Your temporary fix worked. But downloaded the new driver for Mac 10.15 and the SCAN still doesn't work. HP did not do a very good job to fix problem.

HP Recommended

Hi. I have an Envy 7460 all-in-one printer-scanner. This morning, 17th October, I discovered that as a result of downloading ‘Catalina’ last week to my Mac desktop I’m unable to scan to my Mac. The printer function is working as normal. 

I have upgraded my drivers as advised by your expert ShlomiL in his post on 8th October and installed HP Smart, but nothing has changed. Each time I try to scan a document, I am now being presented with a dialog box, stating the following:

Scan Failed. The operation couldn’t completed. (com.apple.imagecapture error 4294967249.)

Please advise. Thanks. 

HP Recommended
Come on HP! Today I found out on your website there is an update for the printer for OS 10.15 (HP Easy start version 2.9.0.188). I removed previous installations (HP-Smart) first, removed also from the Bin and (to be sure) restarted my Mac. Then downloaded the new HP-Scan version (HP Easy start app) and downloaded and installed it.... result, exactly the same, Printer scan's the first page then halfway the second page NOTHING!... HP Easy Scan show's the same message as original issue "preparing Scan".  This is quit dissapointing.
HP Recommended

You have to select what you want scanned.  Click in the image and draw the scan boundary.  Or set it to Auto detect.

HP Recommended

While I cannot scan to the computer, I am successful at scanning to a flash drive and then transferring to my computer.  It's extra steps, I know, but it works.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.