Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

It should be mentioned that HP Smart only works with iPhone or iPad not on the Mac.  However it will control the scan on my printer and there is an option to share after scanning so it is easy to airdrop it to my Mac.  However, Mac update is still urgently needed.

HP Recommended

Read the posts below where you will find temporary solutions

HP Recommended

HP Smart works on my MacBook Air. I just save the scan to my file on my desktop as I did with easy scan.  But HP still needs to get Easy Scan back up & running with Catalina ASSP! 

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this solution. It worked at a time that I really needed it.

HP Recommended

Yes, this works.  Thank you.  A little bit more input but better than nothing.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my 8028 and 21 Inch iMac.

The time since first post and number of complaints suggests that Catalina caught HP flat-footed.  Either the fix is really complicated or HP is not devoting enough effort to making sure their customer base is happy.

I know this is embarrassing for HP but sympathy can go only so far. 

HP Recommended

Accepted Solution 🙂. HP Smart has worked. 

My system - macOS 10.15.1

HP Recommended

Thanks for the link to HP Smart. Was able to do my scan after downloading it.

HP Recommended

Thank for the information. It worked like a charm. 

HP Recommended

Cannot seem to load HP Smart onto my iMac

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.