Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

If you Look back through the posts you will see that I explained that it does not work on the MAC. You can use the App on your iPhone or iPad to control the printer and then transfer a scanned document to your computer.

HP Recommended

HI YOU ALL DISAPPOINTED HP USERS:

I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM, AND I WILL EXPLAIN THE REASONS WHY CATALINA IS INHABITING YOUR PROBLEMS AND YES IT IS HP'S FAULT, AND NO TOO.

They had NO idea that Apple was going to block 32 bit APPS ie:  EASY SCAN

And 2nd they should have made this APP in a 64 bit and a 32 bit.

What in essence they are trying to make you do is UPGRADE your printer to a more expensive one, but I will give you two ways to solve your problem and then you may decide which one will work for you.

1. Go to the Apple and click on System Preferences.

2.  Click once on the Icon printers and scanners.

3.  You will see the words Print & Scan in the top middle of the window that opens.

4.  Then click on the SCAN and highlight it.

5.  Left click on the Printer itself in the MIDDLE of the PAGE and drag it to the DOCK anywhere you like.

6.  Once it is in the DOCK, right click on the PRINTER and click open, a little box will open and there will be a scanner on the 

right side of the top of this box.  Click it and a page will open so you can start scanning.

7.  When this  scanning box actually opens the page will say waiting for scanner page to open, once it does you will see the 

following:

SCAN:          WITH TAB WHEREVER YOU WISH IT TO GO IE: DOCS, PICS ETC

NAME:         NAME IT TO WHATEVER YOU WISH AND IT WILL BE SAVED BY ITSELF

FORMAT:    LIKE B4 .PDF, JPGE WHATEVER IT OFFERS AND YOU WISH

CLICK COMBINE INTO SINGLE DOCUMENT

IMAGE CORRECTION: NONE

FLATBED MODE FOR SCAN AS IF YOU WERE COPYING A PAGE OR CLICK HIDE DETAILS AND CLICK FEEDER

KIND:  COLOR

RESOLUTION:  100 dpi

SIZE:                  LETTER

ORIENTATION:  THE FIRST BODY

OVERVIEW DOES NOT NEED ANY WORKINGS, IF YOU CLICK HIDE DETAILS YOU MAY CLICK FEEDER.

.  If you wish to continue like the easy scan allowed you to do and add pages to the one scan, just keep scanning.

if you wish to just save it and run another scan, you MUST close it and RE-OPEN THE PRINTER ON THE DOCK AND START 

the procedure all over again for a new SCAN. :)))

THE OTHER VALUE THAT I HAVE FOUND IS YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING VUESCAN.APP.

ONCE IT IS SAVED YOU MAY GO TO FINDER AND DRAG IT TO THE DOC.

HOWEVER THERE IS A FREE VERSION, AND THERE IS TWO PAID VERSIONS:

Note that files you create will have an embedded watermark and this watermark is permanent and can not be removed later.

To create files without this watermark, you need to purchase VueScan.

Purchase VueScan now and get:  $39.95 AND $89.95

Free upgrades: Purchasers of the Professional Edition get unlimited free upgrades (one year for Standard Edition).

Flexibility: You can use VueScan on up to four different computers that you personally use.

Cost savings: You can use VueScan with any number of your existing and future scanners.

Would you like to purchase VueScan now?

I SUGGEST THAT YOU DO NOT PAY FOR IT AND WAIT UNTIL HP HAS FIXED EASY SCAN UP TO A 64 BIT FOR YOUR PRINTERS UTILIZING CATALINA.

OR YOU MAY WISH TO USE THE SCAN APP AS I HAVE SHOWN YOU.

I HOPE THIS MAKES YOUR DAY A LITTLE BETTER.

HP Recommended

It certainly does!. Thanks Psi128. I have tried your first set of instructions and it definitely does work. I had sort of got around with a workaround during the past days, but your instruction fixes my main remaining problem of being able to combine several pages in one single scan. Now I can do this, thank you very much indeed. Now let's wait and see how long it takes Apple and HP to get something sorted. If they do.

HP Recommended

Installed HP Smart.  Can still not scan.  Printer works fine; however scanner is not found and HP Smart comes back with "Printer Off Line" when trying to connect.

The only way I can scan either from flatbed or document feeder is with Image Capture 8.0, proving the scanner is functioning well and that there is an interface software malfunction that is to be recoded and fixed by HP.  Since Catalina has been released at least one month ago, but hardware and applications industry have been advised well before this, HP have not serviced their customers well.  Is this a sign of the future for HP, perhaps with the potential buy-out by Xerox there will be a change?

HP Recommended

Same problem here. One work-around is to use the scanners web interface. Just bookmark the scan page. Both ADF and glass scanning work fine from there even if a bit clunky to do. Otherwise .... HP get your act together. You should shave been right on top of this!

HP Recommended

Can you please update where you are with Easy Scan as the Catalina update took place weeks ago and the Easy Scan for HP is still not working - this is not good enough from HP. Please advise.  

HP Recommended

I find that while I can scan using HP Smart on my Mac running Catalina, I cannot save or export the resulting image.
HP, what the heck guys? This sucks....

HP Recommended

I have been using HP Smart on my iMac with Catalina since this problem began and it is working fine. I don't understand why others have posted very exotic, complicated workarounds. HP Smart works about the same as Smart Scan.

No problem saving documents. After I scan there is a Save button the bottom.

HP Recommended

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but if you open the OfficeJet's web interface in a browser and use it's scan page it works fine both for glass and ADF, without any need for 3rd party apps. It's a bit clunky in that it prompts you about opening a new page every time, but it works and once scanned, you just download the results.

HP Recommended

Download and use HP Smart to scan. Very good app. Super easy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.