Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I installed HP Smart and like it better!

HP Recommended

Do you have a link for where HP Smart software is located?  Been looking all over for it, and no luck.

HP Recommended

A new version of HP Easy Start was released on 11/18/2019 version 2.9.0.189.   I have tried to get this installed today but it fails when trying to add a device.   I have manually added the printer (OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus) via the Printers and Scanners in System Preferences.   The application Easy Start detects that it's added the printer and even asks if I want to update the drivers to the correct drivers.... to which, it fails.   So.. now I can only print and have lost all ability to scan.

HP Recommended

Okay... I got it fixed.   Here is what I had to do....

1. Download the new HP Easy Start version 2.9.0.189 at the link I provided in my previous post.  Do not start the install yet.
  2. Download and install the updated HP Print Drivers from Apple
  3. Open Printers & Scanners from System Preferences 
    1. Click on the lock in the lower left corner to make changes
    2. Right click in the printers window (left) and Reset Printer System
  4. Install the HP Easy Start application and follow the prompts.   It ought to fail when trying to add a new device.  That's okay... just quit the app.
  5. In the Printers and Scanners, add a new printer
    1. Select the OfficeJet Pro 8600 driver

In you applications folder, HP Easy Scan should have been installed.   You ought to be able to open the application, select the scanner and away you go.   If not, try a quick reboot to clean things up and try it again.

Hope this helps

2)  

HP Recommended

This fix it, finally! Thank you "JAWS4"

HP Easy Scan now recognizes the scanner.

Running OS Catalina 10.15.1 on 27" iMac late 2013 

HP Officcejet Pro 8600 all in one

HP Recommended

You may download and install the HP Smart app from the Mac App Store, simply search for HP Smart there @JAWS4.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Sadly no good for me. Can't load Smart either HP Smart or EasyStart. Mac can't see printer. Have restarted everything reconfirmed wireless settings etc, Mac is on, printer is on and waiting. Just can't see each other. 

HP Recommended

HP smart doesn't work either. About to throw my printer in the trash

HP Recommended

I’m in the same place as you. There are workarounds, but they’re time consuming and clunky. I am seriously considering trashing my HP Printer and buying a new one from another company.

HP Recommended

So now almost 6 months have past since this post. What does "HP Easy Scan should likely get updated soon" then mean.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.