11-26-2019 09:53 AM
A new version of HP Easy Start was released on 11/18/2019 version 126.96.36.199. I have tried to get this installed today but it fails when trying to add a device. I have manually added the printer (OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus) via the Printers and Scanners in System Preferences. The application Easy Start detects that it's added the printer and even asks if I want to update the drivers to the correct drivers.... to which, it fails. So.. now I can only print and have lost all ability to scan.
11-26-2019 11:07 AM
Okay... I got it fixed. Here is what I had to do....
- Download the new HP Easy Start version 188.8.131.52 at the link I provided in my previous post. Do not start the install yet.
- Download and install the updated HP Print Drivers from Apple
- Open Printers & Scanners from System Preferences
- Click on the lock in the lower left corner to make changes
- Right click in the printers window (left) and Reset Printer System
- Install the HP Easy Start application and follow the prompts. It ought to fail when trying to add a new device. That's okay... just quit the app.
- In the Printers and Scanners, add a new printer
- Select the OfficeJet Pro 8600 driver
In you applications folder, HP Easy Scan should have been installed. You ought to be able to open the application, select the scanner and away you go. If not, try a quick reboot to clean things up and try it again.
Hope this helps
12-05-2019 11:34 AM
You may download and install the HP Smart app from the Mac App Store, simply search for HP Smart there @JAWS4.
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
12-09-2019 02:21 AM
Sadly no good for me. Can't load Smart either HP Smart or EasyStart. Mac can't see printer. Have restarted everything reconfirmed wireless settings etc, Mac is on, printer is on and waiting. Just can't see each other.