Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Thank you, Senan6806.  I set up a new user account but Image Capture and HP Easy Scan do not detect the scanner from that account either.

HP Recommended

@mabon

That's unfortunate, let's try the steps available in this document.

Let me know how it goes!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again.  Before I uninstall and reinstall the printer driver software I would like some clarification regarding Step 2 (9) where I am insturcted to go to 123.hp.com.  My printer, HP Laserjet Professional M1212nf MFP is not listed in the drop down box of printers, so I then click on "My device is not listed" and HP Easy Start is automatically downloaded.  when I run the install I get the message in the screenshot below which sends me in an endless loop.  Given this, I am reluctant to uninstall the printer since it now prints, but doesn't scan.  I don't want to lose the printer entirely.

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 5.53.02 PM.png

HP Recommended

@mabon

HP Laserjet Professional M1212nf  printer driver fort macOS 10.14 Mojave is available via Apple Software Update. Instructions on how to install printer driver using Apple Software Update is available here

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I couldn't find "applications" when I clicked on FINDER but went ahead and hit "open"  and... it worked!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi! I did already all what you suggested (uninstall, download, reboot, etc.), and still unable to scan. The same message appears and appears: 

«HP Color LaserJet MFP M377dw is currently unavailable. Please check if it is turned on and connected, or try again later».

I can print without trouble.  Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

HP Recommended

Mac Pro 2013, Mojave 10.14.6

EasyScan 1.9.1 can't recognize my HPscanjet4670. I gave the app access trough System Preferences but nothing.

HP Recommended

I followed all the instructions multiple attempts.  I have Mojave 10.15 and ever since I upgraded to Mojave the scanner doesn't communicate with my MAC.  I just deleted the original HP Easy Scan software, went to HP and got a new driver, downloaded and same problem.  The software will open, but when scanning, the scanner performs the scan, but the file never appears in the screen within HP Easy Scan.  I again deleted the HP Easy Scan software, went to the link provided in your previous solution, and have the same issue.  Then I deleted the software for a 3rd time, went to the Apple App Store app to download again, installed, and same issue.  The HP Easy Scan software sees and recognized my computer, the scanner performs the scan (I'm sitting right next to it and hear it scan)...the software gets stuck at preparing to scan...and the file never shows up in the HP Easy Scan window.

HP Recommended

I think HP has pretty much abandoned Mac users. Catalina has been out for months (never mind the months of beta in which HP could have done something) and HP Easy Scan still hasn't been upgraded to support it. See the blog post here:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c06455960

HP Recommended

Yes, shame on HP. Users like Mabon, above, patiently tried to follow instructions from the HP employee Senan8606 . . . with no success. And Senan8606 appears to have vanished?

Disgraceful, HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.