11-03-2017 01:16 PM
Copy and scan buttons were working but suddenly they have stopped working when i press those keys. All the other buttons are working fine.
11-05-2017 02:06 PM
Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case regarding the copy function (button) not working on the printer. I will be delighted to assist you with this. Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂
For better clarity, and to assist you correctly, I would require more information regarding this:
- Did this happen after a power outage or surge?
It certainly looks like a hardware issue with the printer.
For now, try these steps:
- Perform a hard reset on the printer by from this link: http://hp.care/2h7UR8d following the instructions listed in Step 1.
- Then check if the issue gets fixed.
- If it does not, I will send you steps to perform a semi-full reset on the printer as a private message.
- Please keep checking your forum private message from HP.
If the issue still continues, then contact HP phone support to get the printer replaced as its hardware is faulty.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.
If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
11-06-2017 11:36 AM
1. Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. Unfortunately, the solution you provided did not work.
2. As to the question you asked that whether the issue happened after a power outage or surge, my answer is that it did not happen after a power outage or surge.
(N.B: I havent used my HP 3050A printer for almost two years).
3. I believe that the only option would be to get it repaired. Kindly let me know if you have HP Technical Support or any HP authorized serrvice shop available in Pakistan where I can get the printer repaired.
4. What kind of hardware issue / fault do you think it might be? Could it be that the ribbon cable is faulty and needs a replacement?
Thank you again and eagerly waiting for your response.
11-06-2017 01:06 PM
I reviewed the quick reply. Thanks for the response. It is a hardware issue with the computer. Thanks for trying the required steps. It is greatly appreciated. You've displayed commendable patience and fabulous technical skills to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for that. 🙂 However, it turned out to be a hardware issue as we figured out correctly.
The problem with the printer is the copy and scan mechanism has failed. It is not possible to repair the printer and local costs could be prohibitive. I am stating this by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush. The best route to take would be to contact HP to get the printer replaced or upgraded.
You have 2 options at your disposal. The first is to contact HP phone support by following the steps from my previous post to get the printer replaced or upgraded. The other option is to order a new printer by contacting HP shopping via this link: http://hp.care/2rQLe1b and follow the on-screen instructions after selecting the country. You might find a phone number to call as well. You must be able to choose from several printers that best match your requirements and budget.
I have provided you with all the relevant information at my disposal. If you think this helped then to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a super year ahead. Stay healthy and smile big. 🙂
I am an HP Employee