Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Is there a driver or alternate driver that can be used for hp scanjet 3570c for use on my laptop with Windows 7 Home premium operating system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The best you will be able to manage for your scanjet is letting Windows 7 find the driver. HP ended driver support for your scanjet at Windows Vista. 

Connect the scanjet to your PC and use the Devices and Printer "add a device" wizard. If Windows 7 has a built in driver fantastic, otherwise you may be out of luck. It may be time for you to consider looking for a replacement All-in-One multifunction printer. Microsoft has recently retired the Windows 7 hardware Compatibility Center that made making decisions about older generation devices and Windows 7 simple.

add a device.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The best you will be able to manage for your scanjet is letting Windows 7 find the driver. HP ended driver support for your scanjet at Windows Vista. 

Connect the scanjet to your PC and use the Devices and Printer "add a device" wizard. If Windows 7 has a built in driver fantastic, otherwise you may be out of luck. It may be time for you to consider looking for a replacement All-in-One multifunction printer. Microsoft has recently retired the Windows 7 hardware Compatibility Center that made making decisions about older generation devices and Windows 7 simple.

add a device.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I need help

HP Recommended

I don't see a way to install the scanner, HP isn't providing a driver, and the W7 wizard came up with nothing. Sorry they dropped support for a fine scanner.

HP Recommended

This worked for me. And the file is still available.

Mike...

The proposed solution didn't work for me, but I ended up finding a link from HP that did solve my problem:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.