Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I get every time a notice that There is no new fax entered. How can I stop this notice?

Thank in advanced

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there! @BukiBenYogli, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you see an error no new fax entered on the printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Review causes and solutions for fax error messages and alerts that display on the printer, the computer, or a fax log.

Try to clear the fax log on the printer.

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Fax.
2. Touch Setup, and then touch Tools.
3. Touch Clear Fax Logs/Memory.

Refer the printer user guide for more information. Click Here

Note: Refer page 57 for more information.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot fax errors on the printer. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

dear MrRobot

May i did not explain my problem well.

I get from time tio time a notice beside my PC Screen that there is no digital fax entered. I want to stop this notice as my Fax is manual and not get faxes automatically.

How can i do it?

HP Recommended

@BukiBenYogli, Thanks for your response again.

As you mentioned you get a notification on the PC, no digital fax entered error on the printer.

Turn off HP Digital Fax

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Fax .

2. Touch Setup . 3. Touch Preferences and then touch HP Digital Fax.

4. Touch Turn off HP Digital Fax.

5. Touch Yes.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Press and hold the Windows Key, then press “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
Type “printmanagement.msc“, then press “Enter“.
Expand “Printer Servers“, then right click the name of the computer and select “Printer Server Properties“.
Select the “Advanced” tab.
Uncheck “Show Informational Notifications for Local Printers” and “Show Informational Notifications for Network Printers

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi MrRobot 

I did both of your tips but the notice continues to appearץ

HP Recommended

Now I get notices "digital fax is shut down". How can I stop these notices?

HP Recommended

@BukiBenYogli, thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Try the steps recommended below.

1. From the Start menu or the Start screen and open Devices and Printers. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.

2. Click on the Advanced tab.

3. Clear the Show Informational Notifications for Local Printers option.

4. Clear the Show Informational Notifications for Network Printers option (if applicable)

5. Click OK.

* Click Start,

* Navigate to Settings/> System/> Notification & actions

* On right side pane, go to Show notification from these apps, there toggle off for the desired app or application you want.

Follow these steps to enable or disable from the Device Settings tab:

1. Open the Devices and Printers folder, right-click the HP UPD, and then select Properties.

2. Click the Device Settings tab.

3. In the Installable Options section, set Printer Status Notification to either Enable or Disable.

4. Click OK.

Figure : Enable or disable Printer Status Notifications

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I did the following steps only

1. From the Start menu or the Start screen and open Devices and Printers. Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.

2. Click on the Advanced tab.

3. Clear the Show Informational Notifications for Local Printers option.

4. Clear the Show Informational Notifications for Network Printers option (if applicable)

5. Click OK.

Later I do not find how go on. i type "Settings" and I do not know how to go on. I do not see"System/> Notification & actions". Can you guide what to do?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

@BukiBenYogli, thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you are unable to find the settings and as you still have issues after trying out the steps.

Please contact HP phone support as they can take remote of the PC and assist you further with the issue.

Contact HP phone support using this link. Click Here

Have a blessed day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.