Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8600
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Im having the same problem that many have had over the years. I was getting several back lines when I scanned and copied files (not when printing from the computer, Seems only to happen when I use the Feed. I did what the others said and unplugged it from a surge protector and left it unplugged for two hours. After, the light lines were gone but one dark one is still there. Ive cleaned the rollers or at least tried. How do I dissemble the auto feed to give it a good cleaning if thats whats going on. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The document here may help resolve black lines in the scan using the ADF on your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.  In my experience this is nearly always caused by a spec on the thin glass on the left side that is used for scanning when using the ADF.  Cleaning this area as described in the above document should resolve the issue.  If the initial cleaning does not resolve the issue it may help to shine a bright flashlight nearly parallel to the glass.  For a line on the left side of the printed page the spot will be toward the front of the printer, if the line is on the right of the paper it will correspond to a spec toward the rear of the printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The document here may help resolve black lines in the scan using the ADF on your HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus.  In my experience this is nearly always caused by a spec on the thin glass on the left side that is used for scanning when using the ADF.  Cleaning this area as described in the above document should resolve the issue.  If the initial cleaning does not resolve the issue it may help to shine a bright flashlight nearly parallel to the glass.  For a line on the left side of the printed page the spot will be toward the front of the printer, if the line is on the right of the paper it will correspond to a spec toward the rear of the printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Got it with the flash light...There was a line going across that small glass pane that the feeder stuff passed over...Its history now. Thanks.

HP Recommended

This solved the problem ... many thanks!  I thought I was going to have to buy a new printer/scanner (which I really don't want to do because I love my HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus!)

HP Recommended

@KarenonSSI I am glad I could help.  I agree with you, the Officejet 8600 Plus is a very nice printer.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.