Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Printer 9020

When I scan to email on my HP 9020 printer by the feeder, the pdf received has a blue box and a black line at the bottom of each page.  It does not happen when I use the bed to scan and it does not happen when I copy at all, even with the feeder, so it is totally scan related and not feeder related.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@hmberanlawfirm, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Kindly attach a test copy of the scanned document from the feeder in your next post for better assistance.

Keep me posted. 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HMBTesting.jpg

HP Recommended

@hmberanlawfirm

Kindly attach a test copy of the scanned document from the feeder without any personal information.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

See attached. HMBTesting2.jpg Thank you

HP Recommended

@hmberanlawfirm

Thank you for the attached image. Let us try these steps:

Reset the printer

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Try scanning to email to check.

If the issue persists, kindly re-setup scan to email feature on the printer.

You may refer to this document to know how(applies to Officejet printers)

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My IT professional tried all of your suggestions and none were successful to fix the problem.  This should not be occurring on this machine and is not acceptable for this HP product that I depend on.  Can you offer me another solution or alternative?  Thank you.  [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

@hmberanlawfirm

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.