11-19-2019 10:38 AM
Printer was unused for a couple of years as owners were in nursing home. I installed new cartridges($57.00) but it continues to tell me to check print cartridges. I have reinstalled, cleaned internal ink sensors. Please help!!
11-21-2019 12:23 PM
@Donna___, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Also, perform step 3 mentioned in this document.
For more info on resolving ink cartridge errors, refer tot this document.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee