cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

CAN'T SCAN USING HP SMART

HP Recommended
HP OFFICE JET PRO 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

WHEN ON THE HP SMART APP, I SELECT MY PRINTER, THEN CLICK THE SCAN BUTTON WHERE IT USUALLY TAKES ME TO THE SCAN SCREEN. STARTING LAST WEEK, WHEN I HIT THE SCAN BUTTON FROM THE HOME SCREEN "LOADING HP CLOUD SERVICES" SHOWS ON THE SCREEN AND THEN GOES RIGHT BACK TO THE HOME SCREEN WITHOUT ALLOWING ME TO SCAN FROM THE COMPUTER. WHY IS IT DOING THIS AND HOW DO I FIX IT?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 3
24 19 3 2
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The latest version of HP Smart requires you to have an HP account and be logged-in to your account to use most of HP Smart functions, including Scan. It does not matter that you are scanning locally direct to your computer; you must have an HP account logged into.

Having said that, The latest version of HP Smart is too buggy and too slow. In fact, if you try to edit a scanned document in HP Smart, most of the time the document will get messed up on the bottom half of the page. I advise you to use the regular PC utility, HP Scan--it is faster, takes/processes better images especially on monochrome gray-background text as in text tables.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I get the same thing. All of a sudden it started. i have removed the printer and reinstalled done everything to start fresh and it still does the same thing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Smart is not

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation