07-18-2019 11:26 AM
I keep trying to scan, but it keeps saying that my scanner is in use and wait until its finished before trying again, how do i see where or wht its in use doing? ive tried re installing unplugging restarting updating all that stuff and i keep getting same message
07-21-2019 10:25 AM
@delvending87, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Which Operating system are you using?
Which application are you using to scan?
Power reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Try to Scan.
Keep me posted for further assistance.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee