Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
CM2320nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to test the fax function in my used-but-new-to-me CM2320nf but it doesn't send faxes yet.

I'm thinking that it's not getting dial tone since I'm used to hearing a dial tone with fax machines. 

My process is:

• Put paper to fax on glass
  • Press, "Start Fax" button
  • Dial phone number

I can hear the tones as I dial and it then has the "beep" sound it makes once it would normally connect but I don't hear any dial tone or ringing.

I tried plugging an ordinary telephone into the telephone plug on the back and I get dial tone there so I'm thinking that the phone jack and cable are OK.

I ran the Fax Test and put the report at the end of this posting. I did try changing the "Detect Dial Tone" to, "On" but that didn't make any difference. 

Any suggestions on where to start to diagnois this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Larry.

UPDATE: I just had my brother try to send me a fax and the machine didn't seem to react to the call at all and my brother said he got a busy signal (odd since I can call it on a voice line).

Fax_Test_Results.jpg

Save lives
Give blood.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE: Issued fixed!
Turns out my CM2320nf was fine! I had it plugged into a VOIP line and the issue was with my phone line! I changed credit cards and forgot to update my VOIP provider. Once I got the phone line working again it now works fine!
And, just a word of warning, don't have two fax machines on the same phone line turned on. This also caused issues for me. I would try to send a fax over the phone line but my other fax machine was inteferring with it.
Thanks!
Larry.

@LarrySchwarcz wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to test the fax function in my used-but-new-to-me CM2320nf but it doesn't send faxes yet.

I'm thinking that it's not getting dial tone since I'm used to hearing a dial tone with fax machines. 

My process is:

• Dial phone number

I can hear the tones as I dial and it then has the "beep" sound it makes once it would normally connect but I don't hear any dial tone or ringing.

I tried plugging an ordinary telephone into the telephone plug on the back and I get dial tone there so I'm thinking that the phone jack and cable are OK.

I ran the Fax Test and put the report at the end of this posting. I did try changing the "Detect Dial Tone" to, "On" but that didn't make any difference. 

Thanks in advance!
Larry.

UPDATE: I just had my brother try to send me a fax and the machine didn't seem to react to the call at all and my brother said he got a busy signal (odd since I can call it on a voice line).

Fax_Test_Results.jpg

Save lives
Give blood.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @LarrySchwarcz,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, your issue with the HP Color LaserJet CM2320 is classified as a commercial product (business line).

Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via this platform.

If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team.

Click here for details.

Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Biswajeet,

Thank you for your reply! In this case I'm not using this product in a business environment. It's in my home and a used product (I didn't buy it new) so I didn't think it was approprate for me to submit an official  case with HP support and instead posted it here to the user community. 

Thanks!
Larry.

Save lives
Give blood.
HP Recommended

Hi @LarrySchwarcz,

Thank you for replying,

I understand this isn't a new printer and its being used for consumer/home purposes,

however, since this is a commercial product, we recommend you contact HP Business for further support,

Here's a link to contact the business line via chat or phone: Click here

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

UPDATE: Issued fixed!
Turns out my CM2320nf was fine! I had it plugged into a VOIP line and the issue was with my phone line! I changed credit cards and forgot to update my VOIP provider. Once I got the phone line working again it now works fine!
And, just a word of warning, don't have two fax machines on the same phone line turned on. This also caused issues for me. I would try to send a fax over the phone line but my other fax machine was inteferring with it.
Thanks!
Larry.

@LarrySchwarcz wrote:

Hi,

My process is:

• Dial phone number

Thanks in advance!
Larry.

Fax_Test_Results.jpg

Save lives
Give blood.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.