Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP PageWide Pro 477dn MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer will not connect to my network for scanning to folder or email, and I cannot access webservices from the machine.  This MFP replaced an HP 476dn that was able to connect to the network.  If I can change the IP address on the new machine to match that of the old machine, I think it will be able to access the network.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.  It's not a matter of changing the IP to what the old machine uses.  YOu'll ned to find out the IP address of the current machine.

Try this:

Can you try using a TCP/IP port?

Create a TCP IP port

1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, right click the printer and left click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:

Create & Use TCP IP port 

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port under the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

I tried adding the port, to no avail.  I think the connection problem is because the IP address of the printer is not in the range on my Sonicwall.  I don't have a lot of experience navigating the Sonicwall setup, so I thought changing the IP address on the printer to one that is in the range that connects to the network would be simpler.  Can I assume from your answer that it is not possible to manually set the IP address on the printer?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may set a manul IP from your printer.

From any computer connected to the same network, type your current printer's IP address and its EWS page should launch.

Click the Network tab.

Click on IPv4 configuration and change the IP settings from DHCP to manual, then select the required IP Address and press Apply.

Note: ensure the selected IP address is free and not being used by any other device.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.