09-22-2020 12:37 PM
When I go to HP Smart it tells me that the printer status is unknown. Nevertheless I can print a test page from HP Smart. But when I try to scan using HP Smart it tells me that the printer is offline. Obviously the printer is not offline, because HP Smart can print a test page.
I have tried the diagnose choices within HP Smart. All that happens is that the problem recurs.
I tried scanning with HP Scan and Capture. It says there is a general failure, but gives me no more information.
I had the same issue a few months ago, and I was able to scan from a different app. Then the issue resolved itself. So I declared victory and went on with life. Now the issue has recurred, and the hack does not work.
Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
09-22-2020 12:58 PM
I tried something else. Using PhotoShop Elements I tried to scan. It did find the scanner, and gave me an error code 0x89E60250. As nearly as I can figure out from the HP web site, this error code means that I am in deep doodoo.
09-25-2020 01:40 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
Next Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here
Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers:
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Envy printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
To reinstall, click here.
- If the issue continues, uninstall and reinstall printer Basic drivers from the link: Click here
- If the issue still continues, install using the Windows Built-in Print Driver: Click here
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-26-2020 03:54 PM
Thank you for posting back.
- Are you getting any error code or message while printing?
- What is the operating system?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
09-30-2020 10:04 AM
I did most of what was suggested, and it worked.
Specifically, I uninstalled the printer and deleted Scan Doctor from the programs. But I skipped some of the more exotic steps. I then reinstalled the printer, as a new printer. Somewhere in the process the system wanted to install Scan Doctor, and I said OK.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the next time.
Thanks for your help.
09-30-2020 12:46 PM
This advice worked. Thank you!!! In my case, I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 that would not scan (showed unavailable) from my HP Elitebook, but it would print wirelessly. I followed the advice exactly as outlined and the problem is resolved.