Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g
Other

Product number: CN579A

Operating system: macOS Catalina (10.15)

I suddenly am no longer able to scan from the flatbed when using the scanner. I do not have any trouble scanning from the automatic document feeder. I've powered everything off and on, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, restarted the computer, reset the printer system, and verified all the settings. 

I get the following error message, only when attempting to scan from the flatbed:

Scan Unsuccessful

The scan could not be completed due to one or Moree of the following issues:

- Connection to the computer is lost

- The scan application on the computer is currently in use

- OCR application is not installed on the computer

See the computer monitor for more details.

There aren't any more details on the computer monitor.

I did try scanning (from the flatbed) using HP Easy Scan and I get an error message that nothing was detected in the ADF.

It prints just fine and scans from the ADF without any issues.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jerry801245, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. I would recommend you to go through a similar post that speaks about the scanning issues after Mac OS update.

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP all in one M 281cdw everything worked (print, scan copy) great till a few weeks ago no will no longer detect and scan item from flat bet I suspect HP needs to update to be compatible with the newest Mac, operating system

I an not techie so I have to make a copy from the flat bet and then feed to the auto so scan what a pain for municipal bound pages

I had an Epson 6500 or something like that very pricey for just a scanner but  worked until epson did not keep up the soft ware either.

I will be looking for an alternated all in one if HP does not update soon very disappointing a plug and use should be just that and not require someone like me to have to replace my equipment ( and it will not be an HP) to have ease of work.

HP Recommended

Please advise if you're if your company updates the software so I can keep my item otherwise I have to search for another brand more compatible with the MacIntosh environment thank you Constance [edited]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.