10-17-2017 02:12 PM
MacOS High Sierra 10.13
I have downloaded and run HP Easy Start, it has updated my printer drivers and HP Easy Scan v1.91. I cannot get the Mac to scan from the printer using any software including Apple's Image Capture. The scanner simply does not show up.
I can print to ther printer
I can fax through it.
I can manually scan to a USB Stick
using a different mac running Mac OS Sierra 10.12, I can scan
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-18-2017 02:19 PM
Hello, @MansterRock – Hope you are well 🙂
Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a fantastic location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others!
I see that you are having issues while scanning using the LaserJet and your MAC. Try the steps below to try and fix the issue:
- Uninstall the old printer drivers first. Follow the steps mentioned here: http://hp.care/2cKwLyC
- Now run the Apple Software Update. Check here for steps: http://hp.care/2cNgw3C
- Also, remove the HP Easy Scan.
- Restart your computer and printer.
- Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
- Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
- Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
- Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
- Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
- Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
- Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
- Click the “Add button” (+).
- Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
- Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “AirPrint” would be selected)
Now, try installing the HP Easy scan and check.
Let me know if that helps!
Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!
I am not an HP Employee
10-20-2017 07:13 AM
Thanks for the update & Great stuff! Glad to know that you were able to fix the issue 🙂
Visit us again if you have any concerns!
Thank you again and may you have a wonderful day and even better tomorrow 🙂
I am not an HP Employee
04-27-2018 04:26 PM
These procedures did not work for me. I followed them to a T and I continue to get "username or password is incorrect. Enure both user account and password are valid."
The user name and PW i inputted were correct. SMTP addresses are correct ( I checked with email administrators).
I am using a Mac with domain name me.com.
I'd be intersted if you have alternative procedures.
BTW, HP tech support has not been able to correct this inspite of hours on the chat and phone lines