Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
MFP MX277 dw
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

When I try to scan from the printer to the computer, it says "Enable Scan to Printer".  I have the full feature software and I don't see this option anywhere. In other posts where they have the same issue, the resolution shows a very different looking full feature software than mine. Very frustrated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning from the front panel to the computer is not supported on HP Laserjet printers, scanning from the front panel supports scanning to a USB drive, to email (network connecion only) or to a network folder (network connection only) as shown by the following document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04531711

For a USB connection you may initiate a scan from the HP Scan software on your PC, not from the printer itself. or connect a USB drive to the printer as an alternative.

For a network connection you may setup scanning to a network folder or email as shown by the documnt above.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning from the front panel to the computer is not supported on HP Laserjet printers, scanning from the front panel supports scanning to a USB drive, to email (network connecion only) or to a network folder (network connection only) as shown by the following document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04531711

For a USB connection you may initiate a scan from the HP Scan software on your PC, not from the printer itself. or connect a USB drive to the printer as an alternative.

For a network connection you may setup scanning to a network folder or email as shown by the documnt above.

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you Shlomi. 

HP Recommended

My scanner stopped working. I have run the disk a few times but it still does not activate the scanning. Printing and copying are fine, no problems. I tried scanning from the printer and from the computer trying to draw in the scan but  nothing works. What must I do?

HP Recommended

So if I want to scan a picture so that I get it in my computer say as a jpg file, how is it accomplished? I mean this is kind of a central issue for having a scanner. To put the data to my computer in selected format.  On the front panel I see the option to send it to my computer. When activated, a box pops up on my computer screen giving me an option to use Window FAX and SCAN for the importing file, but it fails to complete. 

I am using a M281dfw machine. 

Thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.