KenLaw3
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't Scan to Network Folder

OfficeJet Pro 8740
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I can no longer scan to my network folder.  One day it simply stopped working.  I removed the network folder, and have tried creating new ones, but since then it just says "cannot connect to network server". Unsure why this is happening because the network is connected, and the printer still scans to the computer. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
382 382 12 28
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KenLaw3 Welcome to HP Community!

I suggest using this link for details on connecting to the web services: click here

If the issue persists, please try the below steps:

• Please also try going to the Shared folder, right-click it and select Properties.
  • Open the Sharing tab and click the Share button, ensure both the user and everyone have Read & Write control and press OK.
  • Press on Advanced Sharing and ensure it is set as shared within there too, then click on Permissions and ensure that both the User and Everyone have full control.
  • Confirm the changes and return to the shared folder Properties.

Open the Security tab and ensure that both your user and Everyone have write control within that tab as well, then close the dialog by pressing OK.

Open the HP printer software. For more information, see Open the HP printer software (Windows).

2. Click Scan under Print, Scan & Fax , and then click Scan to Network Folder Wizard.

3. Follow the onscreen instructions.

NOTE: After you have created destination folders, you can use the printer’s embedded web server (EWS) to customize the scan settings for these folders.

On the last screen of the Scan to Network Folder Wizard, make sure the Launch embedded web server when finished check box is selected. When you click Finish, the EWS is displayed in your computer’s default web browser. For more information about EWS, see Embedded web server.

Refer the user guide to know more information about the scan to network folder.

Note: Refer page 12 for more information

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 

0 Kudos
KenLaw3
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried all of the steps you've provided me with; on both the link and your personal advice; my printer will still not connect to scan to the network folder. 

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
382 382 12 28
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KenLaw3

Please set the static IP address to printer and check.

To identify which IP address is currently assigned to the printer, do the following:

1. On your HP printer, press the Setup button to display setup options for the printer.
  2. Press the right arrow button until Network Setup appears in the LED window, and then press the OK button.
  3. Press the right arrow button again until the Print Network Settings option is displayed, and then press the OK button. This prints the network settings, which include the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default Gateway (the address of your network’s router).

Setting a Static IP Address

Once you know your printer’s IP address, entering it is pretty easy. Here’s what you do:

HP Printer Static IP Address

1. Run your Web browser.
  2. In the Web browser’s address bar, type the IP address of your printer and press Enter. Assuming you entered the right address, the HP printer control panel should appear.
  3. Click the Networking tab.
  4. Under Connections, click Wired.
  5. Under IP Address Configuration, click Manual IP.
  6. Enter the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway in the appropriate boxes.
  7. Click Apply.

You may need to restart the networked computers, so they can reconnect with the printer.

let me know how that pans out,
Good luck.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation