Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't remember user name / pass word on AIO, need to reset

hp officejet pro 8710 AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am unable to reset my officejet pro 8710 cannot remeber user name and password, is ther a manual reset, when I use the webprint app it's all locked down however I can use the hpeprint.com  The issue is I finally got a landline and cannot setup the fax due to the user name and password loss. Can anyone help, I cannot take it anymore. It's 2-months old, I've spent two days changing the wireless network from my phone's hotspot to wifi with the tv cable company. Yet I can't set up the fax, the windows 10 fax driver doesn't recognize thew printer capabilities, and will not use it. I can send a fax from the printer, hwever cannor scan in or attach multiple documents that would cause an error / time-out while theyu are being scanned and I need to fax hundreds of pages. I have the documents scanned into the computer, and simply need to attach them. I've trried reassigning, creating tcp/ip ports and know the address through the router to the printer is 192.168.0.4, however that's useless in this situation. I could reset the router, but . . . HP Direct is identified with a password of 12345678, and the HPeprint is installed and connected.I'm about ready to use a hammer in front of all of the lookie loos drooling over this thing. But, I sometimes couldn't care about the cost of destroying a brand new thing because I'm too dumb. So I get the biggest hammer and bash it into the tiniest pieces, because I can't stand dumpster divers recovering anything I intend to be thrown out. Please, any ideas? One day is all the time I have left before hammer time. It's not necxessary to have the lock on I;m in a very remote location too far from any wifi, for someone else to tie into the device.  Thank you, and please. I see that hp doesn't recogniaze me NEWE USER since today, try 20 years, most everyhing I buy is from HP, good producxts sometimes they last 12 + years and that's probably all of the time I have left.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,468 21,456 1,418 2,075
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't remember user name / pass word on AIO, need to reset

Hi @Helpwante

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know how to reset the printer.

I’d love to help!

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Please refer to the below article to set up the fax on your printer.

http://hp.care/2rKmDPx

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation