Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn
iOS

After updating Aio Printer Remote app to HP Smart on my iOS device I couldn't scan through the app with HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fn! I just reinstall it but still can't scan!

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Greetings @clwluvw

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to scan using the HP Smart App on your iOS device, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you enabled scan to email or could on the printer?

Request you open the printer utility on your computer and make sure the scan to email is enabled. 

If you are unable to locate or use printer utility, capture the IP Address of the printer. 

Open any browser on your computer. 

Enter the IP address of the printer on the address bar and hit enter. 

This would bring up the EWS page of your printer. 

Select scan on the EWS page of the printer and make sure scan to email/cloud is enabled. 

Once it is enabled, reinstall the Smart App on your iOS device and reconfigure the printer and check if you are able to scan. 

Are you able to print using the HP Smart App?

To know more about HP Smart App, please refer to this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I didn't found any scan option in EWS page of my printer! Where is it?
Yes I can print using HP Smart App.
I think it's the iOS app bug that I can't scan with it because I check the HP Smart app for Android and I could scan using HP Smart app with it!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you update the iOS to the latest version. 

May I know the version of iOS installed on your device. 

Goto Settings - General - About.

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of the EWS page?

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I'm using iOS 10.3.3
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, do you get any error when you try to scan. Are you able to use scan to email or scan to cloud? 

When you click on scan, you have an option for the camera, are able to use that to scan. 

Are you using a dual band router?

Note: HP Printers do not work or connect to 5Ghz networks. If you are using a dual band router, please give different names to 2.4Ghz and 5 Ghz networks and connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz network.

Please connect the printer to a computer running on Windows using a USB cable.

Visit www.hp.com/drivers and enter printer model you are using. 

Download and install the firmware update on the printer. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
When I select scan in app I could just use camera and no option to change for scanner!
I'm using dual band but I use 2.4Ghz.
I've install the latest firmware for printer, too!
It's amazing that the android app is able to use printer to scan but the iOS app couldn't!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps. Did you update the firmware on the printer as suggested? 

Once you select scan, click on the settings button and select the source and check. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I've update the firmware using the computer.
When I select scan, just the camera option is available and no other button is available in the screen!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, would it be possible for you to share the screenshot of the HP Smart App?

May I know the iOS device you are using?

Once you provide these details, I will be able to share that issue you are facing with the concerned team and get back to you once I have a reply from them. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.