Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I'm using iPhone 7 and iPad mini 2. Both of them have this problem!

_20170831_143346.JPGIMG_20170831_143831.jpg

These are the home page of HP Smart app and scan page of HP Smart App.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps and providing the Screenshots. I have forwarded your concern to a team within HP. 

Request 4-5 business days, once I get a reply from the concerned team, I would update you on this concern. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Any replies from HP team?!
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the very same issue with the Smart App on Iphone 7

Printer is LaserJet Pro M176n

Did you get any resolution from support?

HP Recommended
No! Still waiting for @Chimney_83 reply.
If you found any solution please let me know.
Thanks.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I just got a reply from the concerned team. 

They have recommended you uninstall the HP Smart App and install it back with the latest version.

If the issue persists, turn off mobile data on the iPhone and try to scan. 

If you are still unable to scan, please assign a manual IP address to the printer and check.

• Obtain the IP address of the printer (which can found by pressing the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel)
  • Enter the IP address on the web browser (Ex: chrome, IE) to enter the printer EWS page.
  • Go to the “Network” tab, click on “Wireless (802.11) then click on “Network address (IPV4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual DNS server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Keep me posted. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I test the first solution but still have problem.
The second solution for wirless, my printer doesn't have a wirless option.
I should tell you that in my other phone that I still have Aio Printer app I can scan through the app but this is just the HP Smart problem!!!
Please help me to fix it.
Thanks.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, HP Smart app will only work with wireless printers. Click here for the specifications of your printer. 

If your printer does not have a wireless button or if you do not know the IP address of the printer. 

Click here for the user guide of the printer. 

Refer to page number 56 in the user guide, which gives you the procedure to get the network configuration information of the printer. 

Using the network configuration information, you can capture the IP Address of the printer and follow the procedure suggested to you earlier. 

Hope this helped. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

I recently purchased a new HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M477fdn. (Prod. Nr: CF378A#B19)

All functionalities on the printer are working fine, except the “Scan” / “Scan to email” function on the IOS devices (iPad and iPhone). I’m using the HP Smart app on iPhone & iPad.

Further details;

• Scan function OK on WIN 10 PC running the HP Smart app
  • Scan function OK on Printer Touch panel
  • Print Documents OK on IOS devices on the HP Smart app
  • iPhone & iPad firmware : IOS 11.1
  • MFP M477fdn firmware : 20170728
  • WIN 10 ver. 1703 – OS Build 15063.674
  • I tried connection as well via 2,4 Ghz as well via 5 Ghz WLAN
  • Printer was delivered with firmware version 20160921

As soon as I press the “Scan” button on the iPhone HP Smart app, an error message appears à “Beim Scannen ist ein Problem aufgetreten.....” (During Scan a Problem occurred...)

Before performing the MFP M477fdn firmware upgrade from ver. 20160921 to ver. 20170728, the Scan function was working fine !

To be sure if the problem is related to the firmware upgrade, I would be very much like to revert to firmware ver. 20160921...unfortunately I find nowhere this firmware on the Web.

Do you know a link where I can download it?

Any idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

RobyError.jpg

HP Recommended
Look my printer doesn't have wifi option and I told you against that the Aio Printer app (version before HP Smart) CAN NOW do scan through the app!!
So please if HP Smart doesn't support scanning from network printer, tell the HP team to revert this FUNCTIONAL option to the HP Smart app.
Thanks so much.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.