Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 200 MF M276nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been using the same scan path since I set up the printer/scanner back in 2014 but all of a sudden it no longer works. I have tried deleting the profile and creating a new folder and putting in the correct path but it still doesn't work. I have tried over and over again and am getting frustrated. Has anyone out there had the same problem? I would really appreciate some insight. The error message is: Cannot connect to the network folder. Ensure the shared folder name is correct.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Storm216

Welcome to the HP Forums, this is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to scan to network folder from HP LaserJet 200 MF M276nw Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any hardware or software changes?
  • How is the printer connected to computer, wired or wireless?

Meanwhile

Change the default folder scans

1. Search Windows for 'HP', click your printer model name in the results to open HP Printer Assistant, and then click Scan a Document or Phototo open HP Scan.

2. Click one of the shortcuts, and then click Advanced Settings or More.

3. Click Destination, click Browse next to the Save Location or Save To Folder box, select the folder in the Browse for Folder window, and then click OK.

4. Click OK or the Save icon  in the shortcut to save the folder location.

5. Repeat these steps for each scan shortcut, depending on where you want to save different scan job types.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I would also suggest ensuring that SMB 1.0 is enabled, it is required for your MFP to access a shared folder and it is likely got disabled with Windows 10 v.1709 update..

From the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program.

From teh left pane click Turn windows features on or off.

Ensure the SMB 1.0/SIFS File Sharing Support option is checked, else check if and follow the steps, restart your PC as required and then try scanning to the shared folder again..

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I have done this but it still is not working. It is odd because I am able to set the scan to folder up on the other 2 computers in my network, just not this certain one.

HP Recommended

Is you user account have a password or not?

From the Control Panel select Network and Internet, then open the Network and Sharing Center.

Is the network type listed as public or Private?

Click on Change advanced sharing settings, can you see both Network Discovery and File and printer sharing enabled?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

A recent windows update disabled SMB v1 by default which many HP printers still use for scan file send. You will have to go to "Turn Windows features on or off" under "add or remove programs", and enable all three components of SMB v1 (make sure it's not a black box, but rather a checkmark) to get it to work on many printers. This will require a restart to take effect. See supported SMB by printer model at this HP link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05547920

Do note, Microsoft has identified SMB v1 as a security vulnerability so you should only enable this if you want to take that risk to get the feature working again. It is not recommended to enable it.

HP Recommended

Very thankful for your input. I had been scratching my head for the last 2 hours. Enabling SMB server feature worked.

HP Recommended

You are a legend.  I spent all day trying to sort this one out. A virtual pint of beer for you 

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.