Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cannot get the scan software to work on wireless printer.  Printing works fine.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Zena5730

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

I understand you are not able to scan.

Use the HP Smart app to scan from your Win PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Alternatively, you may use the HP Scan Extended app.

Click here to download.

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the message "Scan to computer is unavailable"  when I move the mouse to a printer icon .  Initially everything worked fine.  Running latest Windows 10.  Can scan  with control from computer to printer. 

Printer scans correctly when I scan a Windows 8 PC  (printer to computer control).  

HP Recommended

@kkeennoo

Welcome to the HP support community.

Enable scan to computer

1. Search Windows for your printer model name, and click the printer name in the list of results. HP Printer Assistant opens.
  2. Click Scanner Actions, and then click Manage Scan to Computer.
  3. Click Enable to activate the scan to computer option.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy, tried what you suggested.  Actually I have tried it several other times.  I have uninstalled       & hen reinstalled the printer.  I have tried wireless & USB interlace, I have tried Scan Doctor; nothing has worked.  When I initially installed the printer everything worked fine.  Below is the message I receive

kkeennoo_0-1594312235738.png

HP Recommended

@kkeennoo

This might require remote access to your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.