Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HO Officejet 6968
Microsoft Windows XP

I have changed paper size to print envelopes, now I cannot reset to regular paper size copying.  I can print from computer ok, but not regular copying....can you help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Lonelyone67,

Since the issue persists, I suggest contacting HP support for further assistance. They should be able to advise next step.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Let them know what you have attempted.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Help others by marking “Accept as Solution” if it solves your issue and click “Thumbs Up” to say thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Lovelyone67

Recommending to follow the document from step 3 given in the link below, if the issues persists I suggest contacting HP Customer Care

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-6960-All-in-One-Printer-series/8289579/model/11...

Have a great day.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Mundutha

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!*** .

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi Lovelyone67,

I suspect this has to do with the paper setting of the input tray. Try below to see if it helps:

Pull out the input tray and close it again. You will see the current paper setting of the input tray. If this is not correct, touch "Modify" to change the paper setup (size/type) of the input tray. This will reset the default paper size/type of the printer.

Help others by marking “Accept as Solution” if it solves your issue and click “Thumbs Up” to say thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello...tried that....still not changing paper size.  Still getting error message.   Don't know what else to do.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Lovelyone67,

Since the issue persists, I suggest contacting HP support for further assistance. They should be able to advise next step.

HP Recommended

Hi Lovelyone 67,

If you have not tried restart the printer, I would suggest to try power down the printer, and powered up again to try restore some settings.

If still does not work, and you like to try restore the printer to the original factory default, below are the steps.

To restore the printer to the original factory defaults

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the

Dashboard, and then touch ( Setup - the first icon that looks like "Gear").

2. Touch Printer Maintenance .

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Factory Defaults.

A message appears stating that the factory defaults will be restored. Take note some info will be erased and you're willing to accept this.

5. Touch Continue.

HP Recommended

tried everything....same problem.  Tried to set default factory setting....nothing happen.

HP Recommended

Hi Lonelyone67,

Let them know what you have attempted.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.