Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Cannot scan via HP Smart on my Mac (OS Catalina 10.15.2). Found there's a posted solution for those on Windows (HP Scan Extended ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi), but do not see the equivalent for Mac.  Can anyone provide a similar solution/link for Mac based print drivers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Can you please elaborate on  "cannot scan"?  What is happening that you are unable to scan?

Do you get an error message?

Does HP Smart not see the scanner?

What printer do you have?

Are you able to scan with Image Capture but not HP Smart?

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I have my Macbook connected to the printer via USB cord, with my HP Smart app open, I click on scan, and a spinning wheel shows up and never goes away.  The scan feature in HP Smart does not work whatsoever.  I am able to print from HP Smart.  The scan feature is my only issue. 

HP Recommended

We have seen some communication delays and issues in macOS Catalina.  Most of those seem to be resolved in macOS 10.15.4.  Are you in a position where you can safely update to 10.15.4 to see if this resolves it for yourself as well?

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.