Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OS Win10 1903 clean install new PC build.

Office Jet Pro 6970

No software came with the box so I had to come on the HP site to dload it, run it and it all works.

Problem.

When I select the 'scan to computer' on the printers front panel it goes through the process and then drops the image/pdf in to my Documents, I want to change that default location. 

I have looked at many other posts and non have an answer that is applicable to mine.  

The attached image is to show what software was dloaded and installed from HP https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/OJ6970/OJ6970_Full_WebPack_40.12.1161.exeHP.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Open the HP Officejet Pro 6970 software within the HP category, then press on Scan a Document or photo.

Select the required shortcut such as Save as PDF, then press on More > on the top-right pane.

Open the Destination tab and change the scan save location from there, press OK and save the changes by clicking the disk icon next to the shortcut name.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the info, when I click on the  'HP officejet Pro 6970' from within the HP category I get the install program, no options for scanning or settings.  The only way i can get to scan is via the HP TWAIN manager but this gives me no options to set up save locations.

HP twain.JPGHP install.JPG

Now if I use the HP Smart Scan I get this, when i go into the section I can scan a document and then when i click save it gives me the option to point it to where i want it saved.  HOWEVER this is not what i have a problem with, my printer is in a different room to my PC, I need to be able to set the location for the scans that are initiated on the printer panel, so when I tell it to scan to one of the computers it puts it on that computer in the location I want, NOT in the my documents which is where it goes to no mater which computer I select or if i have tried a scan from the computer and saved that to the required location.hp smart.JPGhp smart scan.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.