Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8625
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

When I copy a text original the copy comes out with a wider left hand margin and the text on the right side is often cut off. Is there a way to align the copy function? I set the Margin Shift to "On" but that didn't fix my problem. Somehow the printed copy is shifting to the right.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @The1DrJazz, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand when you make a copy from your printer the right side of the page is getting cut off.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Have you selected correct paper settings on your printer?

As you mentioned when you make a copy from your printer the right side of the page is getting cut off.

Try the steps recommended below.

There is one setting in the driver which you can check. It's called Preserve Layout. Make sure that it is set to Yes. 

You can find this setting here: Start>Devices and Printers>Your printer driver>
Right click and go to Printer Preferences>Advanced

Change the copy settings

Changing the copy settings, if available, might improve copy quality. Not all printers have the option to change copy quality settings, and some printers have more or less quality options. For specific steps, refer to the printer user guide on HP.com.

1. On the printer control panel, touch or press the Copy button or icon.

2. Touch or press the Settings icon or button , if necessary, then navigate to the Quality or Optimization setting.

If either setting is not available, skip to the next step.

3. Change any of the following settings to improve copy quality.

• Reduce/Enlarge: Reduce or enlarge the size of the copy.

• Lighter/Darker or Contrast: Adjust the contrast of the text or photo.

note:

On some printers, the Lighter/Darker option is accessed from a separate button on the control panel.

• Optimize or Enhancements: Change this setting to optimize for photos, text, or mixed.

• Draft Mode: Turning on Draft Mode speeds up copying, but reduces quality.

• Quality: Change the copy quality to Best, Normal, or Draft.

4. Touch or press the Back icon or OK.

5. Load the original document or photo, then try to copy.

Also, try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update the printer firmware.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot copy quality issues with your printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @The1DrJazz, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand when you make a copy from your printer the right side of the page is getting cut off.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing from a different application? Does the issue persist?

Have you selected correct paper settings on your printer?

As you mentioned when you make a copy from your printer the right side of the page is getting cut off.

Try the steps recommended below.

There is one setting in the driver which you can check. It's called Preserve Layout. Make sure that it is set to Yes. 

You can find this setting here: Start>Devices and Printers>Your printer driver>
Right click and go to Printer Preferences>Advanced

Change the copy settings

Changing the copy settings, if available, might improve copy quality. Not all printers have the option to change copy quality settings, and some printers have more or less quality options. For specific steps, refer to the printer user guide on HP.com.

1. On the printer control panel, touch or press the Copy button or icon.

2. Touch or press the Settings icon or button , if necessary, then navigate to the Quality or Optimization setting.

If either setting is not available, skip to the next step.

3. Change any of the following settings to improve copy quality.

• Reduce/Enlarge: Reduce or enlarge the size of the copy.

• Lighter/Darker or Contrast: Adjust the contrast of the text or photo.

note:

On some printers, the Lighter/Darker option is accessed from a separate button on the control panel.

• Optimize or Enhancements: Change this setting to optimize for photos, text, or mixed.

• Draft Mode: Turning on Draft Mode speeds up copying, but reduces quality.

• Quality: Change the copy quality to Best, Normal, or Draft.

4. Touch or press the Back icon or OK.

5. Load the original document or photo, then try to copy.

Also, try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update the printer firmware.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot copy quality issues with your printer.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THANK YOU very much for your reply and suggestions. I was only having a problem with copies, not with general printing, so from the printer under Copy - Settings I made sure that I had the proper paper size & type set. I changed the Enhancements to "Text", I set HP Copy Fix to "On", I verified that Resize was set to "Actual Size" and I made sure that Margin Shift was "Off". When I made a copy after this that had text about 1/4" from the left margin, the copy came out perfect.

HP Recommended

@The1DrJazz, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.