Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Photo 6255
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Can I copy a 4X6 color photo from the scan glass directky to 4X6 photo paper in photo paper tray?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@LFNellie

A warm welcome to HP Support Community!

Yes, it is possible to copy a photo to a 4x6 photo paper. Here is how to do it:

1.) Load the photo on the scanner glass.

2.) Touch Copy.

3.) Touch Settings or the gear icon  to view advanced copy settings.

4.) Touch Tray and Paper. Set paper as 4x6 and tray as photo tray.

Let me know how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the inpiut, but it didn't help. After I  load the print paper the printer doesn't seem to recognize that the paper is present and keeps asking me to load paper. I'm using  new HP Advaanced 4X6 print paper. I'm using a good thickness of  paper stack to keep the paper from curling, but not so much that it binds up. I'm carefully pushing the paper stack & tray as far forward as possible - with the top tray removed. I can scan to my desktop and then it prints from the tray OK. Now what?

HP Recommended

@LFNellie

Let's try adjusting the paper size using the printer control panel display. You may use the steps available in this video to change the paper size using the printer control panel display.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

On rare ocasion after I've correctly loaded 4X6 photo paper in the photo tray and inserted the tray correctly, I get the message to select the proper tray and paper. After doing that, I get an out of paper/load paper message. Most of the time aftrer inserting the tray, I don't even get the opportunity on the printer window to seselect the proper tray and paper, it just goes directlly to the out of paper/load paper message in the printer window. I'm using a new out-of-box HP ENVY Photo 6255. Now what?

HP Recommended

@LFNellie

We might be able to clear the out of paper error by re-loading the paper and cleaning the rollers. Instructions on how to resolve an out of paper error can be found here

Keep me posted!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You really think cleaning the rollers on a new printer could be the problem? It looks to be quite an ordeal. It's had may be 100 sheets of new 8 1/2 X 11 plain paper through it.  Photo paper I've tried to use is new brand new out of a sealed box. If after considering it further, you still recommend cleaning the rollers, out of desperation I guess I will.

HP Recommended

@LFNellie

Reloading the paper and cleaning the rollers are the only possible way to clear the error, a printer firmware update may also help. You may use the steps available here to update the printer firmware. If in case reloading the paper, cleaning the rollers and updating the printer firmware does not clear the Out of Paper error. Then I'm afraid, it's a possible hardware failure and the printer might have to be serviced or replaced. You may use the following steps to contact your regional HP Support:

1) Click on this link.

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, in desperation I went ahead and cleaned all rollers. There's no real difference in behavior, although after multiple tries I did get it to copy a photo once directly from the scanner onto 4X6 photo paper in the photo paper tray. Other than that one time, it doesn't recognize that there is photo paper in the photo paper tray, or it refuses to feed that photo paper. Sometimes, even though there is plenty of regular 8 1/2" X 11" paper in the lower tray paper it sends a message to the computer monitor that there is no paper. 

HP Recommended

@LFNellie

I'm afraid, its a possible printer failure. Please call HP Support to obtain all available repair/replacement options. You may use the steps I suggested in my previous post to contact your regional HP Support. 

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.