Darin56
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Creating a scanning project

OfficeJet Pro 6970
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I can't figure out how to create a scanning project in HP Printer Assistant.  In other words I have a large number of documents that I want to scan into a PDF but I know I won't be able to scan all the documents in the same sitting.  I would like to go back at another time and and add more scanned documents.  I hope this makes sense.  Thanks,  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,135 17,047 966 1,084
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darin56

Welcome to HP support community.

You can use HP Scan to add the scanned pages to single file.

1. Place the first item you want to scan face-down on the scanner glass, aligning it with the guide at the edge of the glass.

Aligning a document with the guides at the edges of the scanner glass

2. In HP Scan, click Scan.

The printer scans your document or photo, and then HP Scan displays a preview.

3. To add pages or scan the other side, click the Add pages icon  on the bottom bar, place the next item face-down on the scanner glass, and then click Scan.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Darin56
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer but maybe I need to phrase the question differently,  I understand how to add more than one image, but what I am asking is, lets's say I have 100 images I want to make into one PDF, I scan 50 of the images but don't have time to scan the other 50.  I save the PDF which now only included 50 images, can I go back and add the other 50?  

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,135 17,047 966 1,084
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Darin56

I am afraid, that is not possible, you will have to scan all the pages at one go using add pages option to create that as a one scan file.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation